POSITION AVAILABLE ANNOUNCEMENT
CITY OF PARKERSBURG
Finance Support Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Finance GRADE: H-7 Non-Exempt $13.55/hr
Reports directly to the Assistant Finance Director.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for general administrative support for the Finance department, clerical and continuity support to the Purchasing Division, and customer service support.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Coordinate with Finance personnel to locate and accumulate information requested through the Freedom of Information Act for review prior to submission to the City Attorney
- Compose and facilitate correspondence on behalf of various Finance Department personnel as required
- Prepare requisitions for departmental resources and supplies
- Ensure proper line item coding of requisitions and approvals by responsible City personnel, and issue purchase orders and blanket purchase orders to department heads and/or vendors
- Match received invoices to outstanding purchase orders and facilitate the approval process prior to payment
- Ensure receipt of new vendor documentation and facilitate the new vendor approval process
- Update IRS W-9 forms for existing vendors on a revolving basis
- Manage the travel application process including assisting City-wide staff in proper completion of forms with documentation
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in the organization of the sealed bid processes as per City Ordinances
- Maintain various departmental filing systems including Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, B&O and User Fee, etc.
- Provide customer service support for the A/R Analyst positions, specifically the following:
- Review returned mail notifications and research and update forwarding addresses to maintain accurate and reliable records
- Greet customers and receive and post payments on account at the window or by phone
- Sort mailed payments, reconcile remittances, and prepare payments for posting on account
- Prepare check payments for remote deposit capture on a daily basis
- Perform end-of-day cash drawer balancing to payment registers and resolve any discrepancies noted
- Notify supervisor of payment and posting discrepancies and assist in determining the proper resolution to issues
- All other duties associated with backing up the front-window positions
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED supplemented by formal and continuing education in the field of office administration or related area; or an equivalency of two years training and experience.
Above average computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word & Excel). Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to interact professionally with the public and other employees.