Many goods and services required by the city go through the city’s Open Bid Process for procurement.
Open Bid Process
Open Bids will be advertised in the newspaper and online. They will contain the date and time in which the Bid is due back to the Finance Department in the City of Parkersburg Municipal Building. All Bid documents are available for disbursement the day the Bid is advertised.
All Bid proposals must be sealed and returned either in person or mailed to:
City of Parkersburg
1 Government Square
Parkersburg, WV 26101
- All proposals must be received no later than the time and date of the Bid opening.
- Any proposal received after the Bid opening time and date will not be considered or opened.
- Any Bid proposal faxed or received open will not be considered in the bidding process.
- All Bid openings are open to the public. They are held in the Finance Department on the first floor of the City Building.
- Once a Bid is opened and the Bidder is determined, that Bidder will be notified by mail of the Bid award. The Bid tabulation sheet will also be posted online.
- If there are any questions about Open Bids or the Open Bid process, please contact Purchasing / Bids division of theCity of Parkersburg Finance Department, 304-424-8434.
***(July 2018) – Quincy Street Demo – Empire Builders
***(July 2018) – Street Milling and Resurfacing – WV Paving
***(July 2018) – Street Concrete slab Replacement – Kelly Paving
***(June 2018) – Avery St. Enhancement project – JC Bosley Construction
***(June 2018) – Memorial Bridge Pass Tickets – Dillingham Ticket Co.
***(June 2018) – 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe Special Service Vehicle – Bob Robinson Chevrolet
***(June 2018) – Public Safety Software – Zuercher Technologies
***(March 2018) – House Demolition – Empire Builders
***(March 2018) – Sign Truck – Conley Fabrication LLC
***(March 2018) – Cab and Chassis – Matheny Ford
***(February 2018) – Concrete – Smith Concrete
***(February 2018) – Joint Sealant – DJL Material
***(February 2018) – Hot Mix Asphalt – Camden Materials
***(February 2018) – Crushed Aggregate – Split with Martin Marietta, Atlas Towing, and TESA
***(December 2017) – Lease Purchase – United Bank
***(December 2017) – Police Equipment – Miller Communications
***(December 2017) – Police Cars – Matheny Ford
***(October 2017) – 3/4 Ton Truck – Matheny Motors
***(October 2017) – Stream Restoration – J.C.BOSLEY-OCTOBER 2017
***(September 2017) – Recycle Bins – Rehrig Pacific Company
***(September 2017) – 1 Ton Utility Truck – Thornhill GM Superstore
***(September 2017) – Sidewalk Program – Kelly Paving
***(September 2017) – Salt Bid – Morton Salt
***(August 2017) – Bridge Overlay – Kelly Paving Inc
***(August 2017) – House Demolition – Empire Builders
***(August 2017) – Grant Writing – Tiano-Knopp Associates
***(July 2017) – Packer Truck – Total Equipment
***(July 2017) – Ballistic Vests – Pro Tech Sales
***(May 2017)- Uniforms -Cintas
***(May 2017)- Asphalt- Camden Material
***(May 2017)-Memorial Bridge Tickets- Dillingham Ticket
***(May 2017)- Cypress Street Pipe- Insight Pipe Contracting LLC
***(April 2017) HOUSE DEMOLITION – EMPIRE BUILDERS INC.
***(April 2017) HYBRID STORAGE – ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES
***(March 2017) SIDEWALK PROJECT-KELLY PAVING
***(March 2017) SKID STEER-JEFFERDS CORPORATION
***(March 2017) POOL MANAGEMENT-UNITED POOL MANAGEMENT OF AMERICA LLC
***(March 2017) The Friendship Park Bid has been awarded to Greenleaf Landscape
***(January 2017) The 20 Dell Laptops bid has been awarded to Zones