POSITION AVAILABLE ANNOUNCEMENT
CITY OF PARKERSBURG
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ANALYST (Finance)
DEPARMENT: Finance GRADE: H-9 Non-Exempt $15.13/hr
Reports directly to the Assistant Finance Director
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the delinquent fee collection efforts of the City and
providing options to customers who have difficulty paying City fees in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Identify troubled customer accounts and attempt early contact to encourage timely payments
to the City.
2) Negotiate payment plans with customers and complete payment plan promissory notes.
3) Monitor accounts with payment plan arrangements to ensure compliance with promissory
4) Prepare monthly reports of past due accounts with payment plan arrangements for monitoring
5) Run aged and delinquency reports to identify accounts for collection proceedings.
6) Perform cost-benefit analyses to determine which delinquent accounts are significant to justify
the cost of legal action.
7) Initiate collection process for delinquent accounts:
• Research and confirm billing and payment history accuracy for legal action documentation.
• Prepare delinquency notification packet for distribution to account holders.
• Prepare legal notification documents of eminent collection proceedings.
• Prepare suit notification for supervisor review and approval prior to distribution to relevant
• File suits with Magistrate Court and/or tax liens with the Wood County Courthouse.
• Accumulate information to serve process notification to delinquent account holders in
• Post court/legal fees to delinquent accounts upon receipt of judgment and monitor
payments made on account for proper posting.
• Accumulate information and file writs of execution: bank suggestions, business income
attachments, wage garnishments, real property seizures, etc.
• Work with City Attorney’s office as needed to ensure proper legal actions during the process
8) Monitor estate notices for deceased account holders and prepare and file estate claims, as
9) Monitor Sheriff tax sale notices and research property balances for redemption referral.
10) Perform other related duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Legal Services/Administration, or
closely related field and two years of experience or two (2) years combination of education, experience
Above average computer skills (Microsoft Office – Excel). Excellent interpersonal communication skills,
both oral and written. Above average organizational skills. Must be able to work well independently and
as a team member. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to interact professionally
with the public.
Applications are available:
and in the Personnel Department, 5th Floor, Municipal Building, One Government Square.
Completed applications should be mailed to:
City of Parkersburg
PO Box 1627
Parkersburg, WV 26102
or returned to the Personnel Department on the 5th Floor of the Municipal Building.
THE CITY OF PARKERSBURG IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, MILITARY VETERAN STATUS, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR
THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.
Applications are also available at:
City of Parkersburg
One Government Square
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Completed applications should be returned to the address above.
The City of Parkersburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment.