POSITION AVAILABLE ANNOUNCEMENT
CITY OF PARKERSBURG
Medium Equipment Operator
DEPARTMENT: Public Works DIVISION: Sanitation GRADE: H-7 Non-Exempt $13.55/hr
Reports directly to the Foreman or Supervisor.
JOB SUMMARY: Operates a solid waste collection vehicle, in a safe and efficient manner, to collect refuse and recycling throughout the City. Sorts and packages recycling.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Operates solid waste collection truck with recyclable materials on assigned routes, in a safe and effective manner, collecting refuse and recycling.
2) Picks up, carries and empties trash cans; carries and tosses waste bags; picks up debris and litter.
3) Operates mechanisms for loading and dumping refuse.
4) Collects and empties recycle bins.
5) Sorts and packages recycled materials for sale.
6) Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
7) Maintains equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
8) Performs minor maintenance and repair work on equipment as an aid to operations.
9) Performs general laborer duties as required.
10) Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Possession of a high school diploma or GED. Basic experience operating medium to heavy equipment, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
Possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B).
This position requires extensive walking, lifting, reaching, carrying, stooping, bending, squatting, climbing, balancing, and physical coordination, While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, dust, odors and extreme weather conditions.
Applications are available:
On-line, and in the Personnel Department, 5th Floor, Municipal Building, One Government Square.
Completed applications should be returned to:
Personnel Department City of Parkersburg PO Box 1627 Parkersburg, WV 26102
or to the Personnel Department on the 5th Floor of the City Building.
THE CITY OF PARKERSBURG IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS
OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, MILITARY VETERAN STATUS, RELIGION, AGE
OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.
Applications are also available at:
City of Parkersburg
One Government Square
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Completed applications should be returned to the address above.
The City of Parkersburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment.