Regular Trash Pickup
The City of Parkersburg’s residential sanitation pickup is on a weekly schedule, operating by zones within the city limits. To see the Scheduled Pickup Day for a particular area, click on the map below.
Parkersburg Waste & Recycling does take all residential waste placed at the curb; however, please keep the following in mind.
- If the container is larger than 30 gallon, the refuse must be bagged. The container or bag should not weigh more than 45 lbs.
- Brush and carpet should be bundled and not more than four feet long.
- Sharps/needles must be disposed of in a plastic jug or bottle with a lid. The filled jug must then be disposed of in your trash, NOT the recycle bin.
- A maximum of 10 tires per year per household can be brought to the Collection Center with proper ID and proof of payment of sanitation bill.
- Bulky items, such as furniture, appliances, and electronics may be set on the curb with your trash. A box truck will come around after your trash pickup to collect these large items.
Parkersburg Waste & Recycling cannot take car batteries, motor oil, or wet paint. Please click here to see ways to dispose of these items.
The City of Parkersburg operates one of the largest municipal Recycling Centers in West Virginia. Pickup of recycling materials coincides with your regular trash pickup schedule.
Recycling materials may also be dropped off at the collection center.
- Collection Center at 100 24th St [map]
Holiday Pickup Schedule
When a Holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, trash pickup will follow the regular pickup schedule.
When a Holiday falls during the week (Monday through Friday), trash pickup will follow the following schedule:
New Year’s Day: No Pickup & One Day Late
Memorial Day: No Pickup & One Day Late
Independence Day: No Pickup & One Day Late
Labor Day: No Pickup & One Day Late
Thanksgiving Day No Pickup & One Day Late
Christmas Day No Pickup & One Day Late
Curb Exempt (CE) Sticker
If a resident is unable to take their trash/recycling materials to the designated pickup spot (curb, back alley, etc.) they must have their doctor fax a note to the City of Parkersburg’s Sanitation Department stating the resident should be Curb Exempt, the resident’s address and where trash will be located at the address.
FAX to 304-424-8580.
The City of Parkersburg’s Sanitation Department manages the collection of trash services for residents within the city’s limits.