The City of Parkersburg invites concerned parties to attend a public meeting regarding the Market Street Streetscape Enhancement Project, on Tuesday, November 10th from 4:00-6:00 PM at Bicentennial Park at 3rd and Market Streets in downtown Parkersburg.
This project proposes to enhance the streetscape along Market Street from 9th Street to 13th Street, including the easterly and westerly sides of Market Street. The project’s goal is to encourage increased pedestrian, bicyclist, and transit rider amenities and activities, while also accommodating vehicular traffic that provides safe access to users of all ages and abilities.
Planned improvements include:
- Replacing all existing sidewalks
- Making appropriate ADA improvements, including curb cuts and standard ramps.
Other improvements that may be executed include:
- Ingress/egress consolidation for local businesses
- New decorative light fixtures on the existing telephone poles on the easterly side of Market Street
- Installation of landscaping treatments (additional street trees spaced appropriately on the westerly side of Market Street)
- New cross walks constructed at each intersection
- Stamped concrete installed to be consistent with those installed previously on the lower sections of Market Street
Parkersburg Mayor Tom Joyce stated, “This is an opportunity for public input regarding substantial investment and infrastructure upgrades. It’s important for citizens, particularly those in the impacted neighborhood, to provide their input and feedback to the planning team.”
In the event of inclement weather, the meeting will be moved to the Executive Conference Room on the 2nd Floor of the Municipal Building. Any residents or business owners, or others unable to attend may send questions or comments through email or regular mail to the attention of Mr. Tim Kirk, PE Project Manager:
MortonThomas and Associates
417 Grand Park Drive, Suite 104, Parkersburg, WV 26105