POSITION AVAILABLE ANNOUNCEMENT
CITY OF PARKERSBURG
DEPARTMENT: Finance DIVISION: Information Technology GRADE: H-12 Non-Exempt $36,504 – $52,566
Reports directly to the Finance Director.
The City of Parkersburg will be interviewing for the position of IT Technician. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to support the City’s IT infrastructure which includes networking, system administration and end-user support. This position is a critical component of the City’s ability to operate efficiently and is responsible for minimizing end-user downtime and maximizing the opportunity for end-user productivity.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for general computer and network hardware and software maintenance, as well as other IT related infrastructure at the direction of the Information Technology Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Serve as primary contact for City-wide IT hardware support including PC and peripheral device issues and end-user training of various software applications.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of all IT infrastructure equipment including PC’s, laptops, printers/scanners/copiers, server equipment, and other IT peripheral equipment.
- Manage workload via a helpdesk/ticketing system to ensure that all tasks are tracked to
- Install computer hardware including RAM and hard drive upgrades, peripheral devices, printers, monitors, and general workstation setup.
- Diagnose and repair computer hardware issues including server, PC, and peripheral
- Perform regular maintenance including operating system clean-up, file system backup, and other routine
- Maintain network wiring including installation, termination, and
- Install and configure software packages and update patches as
- Train end-users on general computer operations, software programs, and proper usage of network attached devices.
- Monitor the necessity to replace obsolete hardware per the City’s long-term IT infrastructure
- Obtain specifications for the new hardware as necessary per the City’s IT infrastructure standards on the departmental and City-wide level.
- Performs other related duties as
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate’s degree in an information technology related field with two years of experience, OR two (2) years’ combination of education, experience and training.
Above average experience with Windows domain environment; wide variety of equipment including desktops, laptops, scanners, printers, etc.; Windows operating systems, server operating systems; virtual
environments; Microsoft Office suite. Prefer experience working with helpdesk/ticketing software; camera systems (digital cameras, media cards, surveillance, etc.); setting up various cellular devices with email, wireless settings, etc.
Must be able to terminate network and other cables as needed and to use related tools (drills, diagnostic equipment, screw drivers, etc.) Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
THE CITY OF PARKERSBURG IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS
OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, MILITARY VETERAN STATUS, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.