POSITION AVAILABLE ANNOUNCEMENT
CITY OF PARKERSBURG
Medium Equipment Operator
DEPARTMENT: Public Works DIVISION: Sanitation GRADE: H-7 Non-Exempt $28,184 -$40,584
Reports directly to the Foreman or Supervisor.
JOB SUMMARY: Operates a solid waste collection vehicle, in a safe and efficient manner, to collect refuse and recycling throughout the City. Sorts and packages recycling.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Operates solid waste collection truck with recyclable materials on assigned routes, in a safe and effective manner, collecting refuse and recycling.
- Picks up, carries and empties trash cans; carries and tosses waste bags; picks up debris and litter.
- Operates mechanisms for loading and dumping refuse.
- Collects and empties recycle bins.
- Sorts and packages recycled materials for sale.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Maintains equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair work on equipment as an aid to operations.
- Performs general laborer duties as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Basic experience operating medium to heavy equipment, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
Possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B).
This position requires extensive walking, lifting, reaching, carrying, stooping, bending, squatting, climbing, balancing, and physical coordination, While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, dust, odors and extreme weather conditions
THE CITY OF PARKERSBURG IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, MILITARY VETERAN STATUS, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.